Friday, May 31, 2024

Dusty Trails Editorial; Those Who Eat the Dust

Three of my recent short stories, "A Fiendish Crime, The Luke Short 
Incident and The Ten Eycke Chronicles, The Return To Tombstone"

I will heading out to Fort Dodge Iowa for a book signing in the next few minutes. I'm very proud of this fact, because I created this opportunity on my own. Over the last year or so, I've been in touch with a lot of people in the "Old West" hobby, and one of the common things I hear from my contacts (and I have quite a few now), is that there's a pervasive attitude in the air that seems to have damaged the "Old West' genre. I have witnessed part of this myself, but I remain undeterred, because I know and understand very clearly that I am my own advocate. And I'm not the only one who feels this way. There are others. There is in fact another website called  frontiertales.com   that gives writers from the Old West genre a place to submit articles for publications online. So there isn't a monopoly, There in fact at least three. One is still in print, and the others are digital, (with the exception of my publications and news letters, And possible future magazine). So its with this in mind, that I'd like to invite other Writers, Collectors, Photographers etc. To reach out to me at my email gene9156@yahoo.com if you wish to contribute, We welcome your submissions. We unfortunately cannot pay, and truthfully, at this point, there is no real pay in writing. I believe those days are dead and gone, buried in Boot Hill Cemetery, Yes its sad. But now its up to us to make it a labor of love.

Gene Stevens

Editor Central States Lawman and Outlaws Historic Assc.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild West: Gun Fight at the Albert City Train Depot

  I've always said that Iowa was the gateway to the American wild west.And this story exemplifies that. This particular story was brough...