Sunday, June 2, 2024

Fort Dodge Iowa Pioneer Days 2024!


                               

                                                   WHAT A GREAT DAY!

                           THE FORT DODGE PIONEER DAYS CELEBRATION 2024

 If you haven't visited the Ft Dodge Iowa Museum, you should. Its a real gem! I attended Saturday  of the 2024 event and did a book signing at the fort Trading Post. The picture above was my view for the day. Except by 11AM is was backed full of people from FortDodge who were there for the big celebration called Fort  Dodge Pioneer Days. People from the area packed the place. The event included Civil War Reenactors, Cowboy shoot outs, Buckskinners, entertainment, tours of the fort, raffles and tons of stuff for young people and families! I met a lot of great people and made many new friends. 

  



An old lawman 

Ms. Vicki

Me and my best friend

I sold and gave away quite a few books to various
folks, and for the museum gift shop. 
My wife Vicki helped me with setting up and selling.

The Sand hill Kid performs at the Fort Dodge Pioneer Days celebration 2024




Members of the Hole in The Sock Gang perform
a bank robbery in town

Army of The Southwest encampment
Army of the Southwest Photo credit Kevin Schmitt






A beautiful diorama of the Fort

Military Officer Lewis Armistead who was killed 
at Gettysburg commanded the 
Fort Dodge on the frontier. I will be writing about that soon

A very honorable display of Lewis Armistead
in Confederate Uniform.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dusty Trails Magazine Issue #1

  $15.00 (Includes shipping) NOW AVAILABLE ISSUE #1 DUSTY TRAILS MAGAZINE Payment Buy me a coffee Venmo Venmo In this issue,  Buffalo Bill ...